International Organizations | Education Initiatives | Reproductive Health | Grantmaking Organizations | Articles | Statistics
lnternational Women's Organizations
- Vital Voices - Unleashing women's leadership potential to transform lives and accelerate peace and prosperity worldwide.
- Association for Women's Rights in Development - Strengthening movements to advance women's rights and gender equality worldwide.
- Women Thrive Worldwide - The leading non-profit shaping U.S. policy to help women in developing countries lift themselves out of poverty.
- UN Women - Entity for gender equality and empowerment of women.
- UN Women Watch - Information and resources on gender equality and empowerment of women.
- Half the Sky - A movement to emancipate women and fight global poverty.
- The Girl Effect - Raising awareness about women's issues in the developing world and advocating for change. Contributing to women's educational initiatives, microlending, and more.
- CARE - A leading humanitarian organization that focuses on working alongside poor women to fight global poverty.
- Women's Campaign International - Working in emerging democracies and post-conflict regions to advance opportunities for women to actively participate in public advocacy and political processes.
- World Pulse - A global media and communication network devoted to bringing women a global voice.
- Centre for Development and Population Activities - Working to increase educational opportunities for girls, provide access to reproductive health and HIV/AIDS information and services, and promote women's leadership worldwide.
- Women's Learning Partnership - Leadership and empowerment programs encouraging women to take on leadership roles in their families, communities, and societies.
Women's Education Initiatives
- Camfed - Fighting poverty and AIDS by educating girls and empowering young women in Africa.
- Girls Helping Girls - Empowering girls to transform their world by mobilizing them to engage in cultural exchange and social change projects.
- Girls Learn International - Pairing middle and high school-based chapters in the US with partner schools to support girls' education in countries where they have traditionally been denied access to school.
- EngenderHealth - Improving lives through family planning, maternal health, and gender equity initiatives, along with many other programs.
- Pathfinder International - Working to improve reproductive health in the developing world.
- International Women's Health Coalition - A leader in the struggle for reproductive health rights around the globe.
- Maternal Health Task Force - Shaping collective efforts to improve maternal health worldwide.
- White Ribbon Alliance - an international coalition working to make pregnancy and childbirth safe for women and newborns.
- AMDD - strengthening national health systems to provide emergency care for women experiencing life-threatening obstetric complications.
- Global Fund for Women - Promoting women's economic security, health, education, and leadership.
- Women's Funding Network - connects and strengthens organizations that fund women’s solutions across the globe.
- African Women's Development Fund - A grantmaking foundation which supports local, national and regional organizations in Africa working towards women’s empowerment.
- UNIFEM - A UN fund that provides financial and technical assistance to innovative programs that foster women's empowerment.
- The Channel Foundation - Combating gender inequality through grantmaking, advocacy, and collaboration with an international network of women's rights organizations and funders.
- The Fund for Global Human Rights - Supporting organizations working to address a wide range of human rights issues, including women's rights.
- Urgent Action Fund - supports women's rights defenders striving to create cultures of justice, equality, and peace.
Articles Relating to Women's Issues